Thursday, August 28, 2008

Wednesday? What about Wednesday?


Can't believe I forgot to post yesterday. What a maroon!

Yesterday we had our quarterly meeting. Not too bad; had some nice improvements in customer satisfaction & quality assurance which was good to hear. The awards part went on a bit too long but all in all it was fairly decent for a 2-1/2 hour meeting. I was amused when the head of HR talked about health insurance & our "Wellness Wednesdays" & eating right, etc. etc. I just looked over at the breakfast bar provided for us, with its bacon, sausages, eggs, sugary cereals, and trays of pastries, & started to giggle. KF followed my glance & she started giggling too.

Afterwards 99.9% of the company went bowling. They had some fun team names: the Holy Rollers, the Pin Doctors (wearing scrub tops instead of bowling shirts), The Bowling Stones, and Lord of the Pins ("One Ball to Rule Them All"). Mr. Boss Man's team was "All About the Sheets" and they wore sheet "togas" with pictures on them such as a chicken or a bull (think about it). I hate to bowl, I hate to watch others bowl, I hate the noise of a bowling alley, and I didn't want to pay $25 for the privilege of doing things I hate even if it was a half-day off work, so I went back to the office. I got sooooo much stuff done with no one there to interrupt me! Two other girls went back too, but their offices are so far from mine that I may as well have been completely alone. It was a good day.

Today was just sort of a day, though. Looking forward to the three-day weekend, that's for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment