Sunday, August 17, 2008

The best laid plans. . .














. . . of mice and men gang aft agly. Which is to say, one should double-check an event's website before actually heading out there (something you think we would have learned after the Huntington Gardens incident). Turns out the fiber festival was cancelled, a fact we did not discover until we had driven to Santa Monica. I was, to say the least, quite disappointed. However, we are a flexible group when it comes to excursions and thanks to my handy-dandy GPS, discovered we were only about 20 minutes away from the Griffith Observatory. We had a very nice time there even if it wasn't a fiber festival. I was very impressed with the accuracy of the sundial there--the time on it exactly matched Ralph's watch, which receives a radio signal from the atomic clock in Colorado and is therefore a pretty reliable watch indeed.


The talent show was also fun. Punweaver & DS performed "What is This Feeling" from Wicked; Punweaver's husband MS did a juggling act; and all in all there was in fact actual talent at the talent show.

This weekend went by far too quickly. Good thing Labor Day is coming up soon, as I could really use another 3-day weekend.

2 comments:

  1. It's too bad about the fiber fest. Not that you appear to be using any fiber. But still. Lots of other activity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I don't really like the color I'm spinning right now, so it's kind of just sitting there on the wheel. I am knitting a scarf right now, using some old yarn that was my first attempt at boucle and came out more like a snarl yarn. I should probably take some pictures of it. . .

    ReplyDelete