Monday, August 25, 2008

Just a day


Nothing exciting happened today. I did see another baby lizard for about 3/4 of a second before it scurried off. Starting to get replies to the All-iday invite; of the people who have responded I would say it's pretty evenly split between I'll be there and I can't make it.

Went out to dinner with Moon and MH2 last night. I won't say where, because this is a very public forum and we had very poor service. My order & Ralph's were fine, but Moon's was completely messed up & MH2's wasn't much better. First the waiter brought MH2 the wrong beverage, then brought Moon the wrong entree, then we had to remind him to bring the salads, and when the salads did arrive one of them had the wrong dressing on it, then by the time Moon's entree arrived the rest of us were done eating & ready to box up our leftovers, and to top it off we had to remind the waiter to bring Moon's bread! They did comp his meal & gave them a gift certificate for a free dinner for two which was appreciated, but still. . . this is a place where Ralph & I have eaten before and this was the first time we'd ever had bad service so we know it was just a fluke. I doubt our friends will be going back anytime soon, though.

I decided today that I want to knit a small carry-bag so I don't have to haul my big backpack everywhere. Just something big enough to carry my key-card for work, cell phone, the remote to my car, and maybe a few dollars cash. I plan on raiding my remnants basket & seeing if I have enough yarns of similar thickness & complementary colors to make a little stripey bag. I thought I would make an i-cord loop & attach a carabiner to it so I could attach it to a belt loop, or to the bag on those days that I do need the whole shebang.

No comments:

Post a Comment