Friday, August 15, 2008

Hat Day

Today was Hat Day at work, with prizes for Most Elegant & Most Outrageous. We won't find out the winners until Monday. I thought I had a good chance for Most Outrageous with my "Tim the Enchanter" hat, until RM showed up wearing one too! (That's me in the picture, not RM. Not the most glamorous shot of me ever taken but what the heck.) Well, maybe we'll tie for it. Incidentally, that's part of the view from my office that you see in the background.

Good news, at least for me: I used a different coffee this morning, and did NOT get sick from it. It's odd, though, because we've been drinking the other brand for weeks now without a problem. Wonder if we just got a bad can? Not sure I want to risk buying it again though, just in case.

Only 4 Prii on the way home today: two black, a white & a green.

Last night I was annoyed because I forgot to bring home the apple, cheese & milk I had planned on snacking on during the long drive. This morning I was really glad about it though, because I didn't have time to eat breakfast before work (translation: spent the 6:00 o'clock hour watching "Star Trek" instead of getting ready for work) and it was nice to have some food when I arrived at the office. Went to lunch with The Girls With Whom I Walk (MP, VG & CE). VG paid for mine since Ralph had brought all that Greek food a while back, which I really appreciated. Wonderful Thai place; I had a beef curry that was just delicious, and it came with soup, a small salad, and an egg roll. I was STUFFED afterwards and still feel pretty satisfied even now. Not sure I'll even want dinner, but if I do get hungry I have the fixin's for chi-li dogs.

Oh, lovely--Sadie is splashing the water bowl with both feet. Again. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment