Saturday, August 23, 2008

Another nice Saturday


Had a pleasant day today. Experimented with dying that froo-froo blue roving. Didn't have quite enough dye for the amount of fiber, so it's a wee bit tie-dyed. No worries; now that I know the method will work (add wet fiber to large bowl of unsweetened grape Kool-ade & microwave until the water is clear), I will get more Kool-ade & overdye it again. I will probably have to drum card it afterwards, especially since when we returned from dinner the dogs had dragged it all across the living room. I know that *I* closed the red room door, so Ralph must have left it open when he went in there to get a t-shirt.

Started reading a new book today, "A Cracked Pot." It's the sequel to "A Murderous Glaze." Definitely a cozy mystery, and I am quite enjoying it. I will have to go to the bookstore tomorrow for sure, though, as I'm nearly halfway through the book & I don't have anything left on my "unread" stack and my Amazon pre-order doesn't arrive until October.

Had dinner at--you guessed it, Johnny Reb's, although this time it was Ralph's suggestion. I suggested Thai, and he said he knew just the place. Then when we were leaving he asked one of The Boys if he wanted us to pick up anything for him at Tony Roma's so of course I thought that was where we were going. Much happier with Johnny Reb's though, especially as our friends Punweaver, MS, and CB arrived as we were finishing up. It was nice to see them, especially as I haven't seen CB in about a decade (he was living in Japan until 18 months ago).

We just finished setting up the inflatable spa that Ralph bought off a co-worker. It seats 4 people and Ralph is most anxious to try it out. It takes 24 hours for the water to heat so we won't know until this time tomorrow whether or not we like it.

It is official: the All-iday Party is scheduled for September 27. The invites will be going out tomorrow. We've notified a few people (the friends we ran into at dinner for example) but the main "spreading of the news" will be when I send the e-mail. I was going to send it today, but wanted to hold off until I was sure that I hadn't forgotten anyone on the invite list. I've already remembered two people that need to be added, so I'm glad I haven't actually hit send yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment