Friday, August 8, 2008

Last Friday of vacation


Guess it's pretty much officially over; it's 2:30 pm on Friday and my remaining vacation is now just a weekend. Man that went by way too fast!

Been a rather quiet day today. Sewed the arm & embroidered the face on the orangutan, although I will probably redo the face as I am not entirely happy with it. Went to PetSmart & got a small wading pool for Sadie in the hopes it will keep her out of the pond, then bought some plants & stuff to spruce up the pond a bit. I did a little bit of weeding but quickly got too hot to continue (it's in the mid 80's today, and there is NO SHADE anywhere near the garden). Ralph potted plants & rearranged the pond. It's looking a lot better now.

Ralph might be having another D & D game on Sunday. Not sure what I will do if he does; probably go to the bookstore because I have a coupon. I don't really need another book yet--still have one that I haven't read yet, and a few chapters left to go in the one I am currently reading--however it's a good coupon (40% off one book) and expires on Sunday so I want to use it up.

Speaking of Sunday, that is Big Sis's birthday. I swear, it seems like she has one of those every year. . .

Two weeks from today is the start of the big fiber festival in Santa Monica. Past years have been a bit quilt-centric for my taste, but I'll most likely attend this year anyway. It's not that far away, and is good for a couple hours entertainment. I don't actually *need* any new fiber, like that's ever stopped me before, but I would like another yarn gauge or two (one to keep with my travel wheel, and one to keep in my bag when I go yarn shopping), and some more small stitch markers since I seem to have lost 90% of the ones I've already bought.

I want more Johnny Reb's macaroni & cheese and pulled pork. Last night was the first time I'd had their mac-a-chee, and to my surprise I enjoyed it more than I did the sweet potato fries which is amazing because I *adore* their sweet potato fries. The mac-a-chee tasted very much like how Mom used to make it, except they use bigger macaronis and more cheese sauce. Soooo good; in fact, it is the only mac-a-chee I've had that I think tastes better than Mom's, and that's saying a lot! However, we did go there last night & I doubt I could convince Ralph to go again tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Susan,

    My name is Carrie and my husband is Clay Carter of the Johnny Rebs' family. I found your blog when I was sent a link to your post about your recent meal at Rebs'. Thanks for the kind words!

    I wanted to find out from you if you ever sell your darling little orangutans. He's precious!

    Hope you're great.
    Carrie Carter
    carriekommers@literarychef.com

    ReplyDelete