Friday, August 22, 2008

It's the weekend!







One of the Teeming Millions commented recently that I don't seem to have much fiber on the blog these days. She's got a point. Frankly, the merino that I am spinning is just too froo-froo blue for my liking, so I've kinda just got it sitting around. I am working on a new scarf using some old yarn that was hanging around (I think I spun it 2, maybe 3 years ago). It was my first attempt at boucle but it came out more as a snarl yarn. It's handspun soy silk with a millspun cotton thread binder. I'm using US 13 needles, and it's a drop-stitch pattern (knit two rows; K1, YO to end of third row ending with a knit stitch; K1, drop YO to end of fourth row, ending with a knit stitch; repeat these four rows until you run out of yarn, ending on row 2) so it should be fairly long considering how little of the yarn I actually have.

My niece sent out photos of her new son, James. I of course forgot to forward the e-mail home (she sent it to my work address) but I'm sure Big Sis will post one or two on her blog.

My mornings have improved recently. Normally I read, brainsuck, knit, or whatever until 6:00 then get ready for work. This week I switched to getting ready first, and then from 6:00 until 7:00 I watch "Star Trek" with Ralph. We enjoy the show together, and if I'm not quite ready for work when the show starts I've still got the commercials for that. And today was especially good, because it was an episode that I've either never seen before, or it's been so long that I didn't remember it. Now that's a rare thing with Trek!

No comments:

Post a Comment