Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Tuesday and still no work :-)



Slept in the tent again last night. Wasn't quite as pleasant as the previous night, as we had taken the rain cover off to keep the heat down, and didn't get it back up again until after the nightly dew had started to accumulate. So, the covers were a bit damp & the air a bit muggy. Just like real camping, I guess :-) Sadie definitely likes sleeping in the tent; all of us were up & back in the house around five or so except for her. I had to practically force her out a few minutes ago (I had left the door unzipped so she could get out, and wanted to close it up before the bugs started to invade). We'll be putting the tent away & sleeping in the house tonight.

Today we plan to go to the Huntington Arboretum. We've only been once before a few years ago when they had a special display of a corpse flower (STINKY!!! like a dumpster) and spent most of the time waiting in line to see it. We are both looking forward to the trip, and I should have some nice pictures to post when we get home. We'll probably bring sammidges & a blanket so we can have a picnic lunch while we are there.

Not too happy with the yarn I am spinning. It's soft & even & all, but I just don't care for the color. It's a rather froo-froo shade of blue. Once it's all spun & in skeins I will most likely dye it, either a deeper blue or possibly add a bit of green to it. I don't want to dye it *too* darkly as that will destroy the heathery look it currently has, which is the one thing I do like about the color.

Haven't started a new knitting project yet. I really wish I had just added a few more repeats to the shawl; it would have really been long that way, plus I would still have a project. OK, OK, I know I could work on one of the three WIPs I currently have snoozing away. But the orangutan is dull and the socks are most likely going to be frogged and the lobster claws need to be adjusted and I don't wanna do it right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment