Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Halfway over!


Hard to believe my vacation is half over. Seems like it just started. . .

Lazy day today. Did a little knitting; the orangutan is off the "hibernating" list and is now an official WIP (that's work in progress, for those non-knitters amongst the Teeming Millions). I sewed on the first foot, and have knitted half of the second arm. Still a lot left to go: finish the arm, knit the other leg, knit the other foot, knit the other hand, knit 5 fingers for the hand and two "thumb toes" for the feet, knit the left ear, sew all those parts onto the body, then embroider the nose & mouth. He's supposed to have knitted eye & nose ridges too, but I couldn't get them to look right and will probably just embroider them on using satin stitch and a double thickness of yarn.

No Johnny Reb's last night. Ralph didn't want a heavy meal, so I picked up egg foo young & special fried rice for me, vegetable delight for him at Chee's. It was good, but not BBQ. Maybe tonight, although I am not counting on it.

Forgot to mention, coming home yesterday we saw an LA Sheriff driving his squad car down the freeway while talking on his cell phone. (For those of you among the Teeming Millions who do not live in California, as of July 1 driving & using a cell phone at the same time is now illegal, unless you are a) over the age of 18 AND b) using a hands-free device such as Bluetooth). Guess he's not going to be citing many people for cell phone usage while driving.

That's about it. As you can see, it was a *very* exciting day . . . . yaaaaawn. . . .

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Susan!
    My name is Carrie. Google alerts sent me a link to this blog post of yours due to a mention about Johnny Rebs'. My husband is Clay Carter--he and his family own Johnny Rebs'. But that's not why I was writing. I wanted to tell you how adorable your little orangutan is! Do you make these little guys very often? He's just darling.
    Anyway, have a great day!

    Carrie

    P.S.--They're working on some new specials at Rebs'. I hear there's a fried green tomato omelette in the works...I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carrie!

    I do like to make toys, although this is my first time doing this particular pattern. I've got pictures of some of my other projects on my flickr site (there's a link on my blog main page). Thank you for the kind words, and with luck I can get my husband to take me to Johnny Reb's tonight!!

    ReplyDelete