Sunday, August 24, 2008

Crummy start, but got better






Ralph had a D & D game, so I made myself scarce. Used the GPS to try to find somewhere interesting to go. The first place I picked I couldn't find, even with the GPS, so I had to assume they have gone out of business. Second place was closed. There was a bead & craft store near that one, so I went in to look around. They should take "and craft" off of their sign as it was ALL beads & beading tools. None of the beads were anything special, and I thought they were pretty expensive for what you got. I was the only customer in the shop, although there were four employees.

Finally decided to head over to Whittier Narrows--a very large park--to see if I could find their nature center. I had to do a bit of driving around before I found it. Had a very nice walk along their trails, although it was waaaay hot & I didn't bring any water with me so I didn't stay as long as I would have liked. Got a few nice shots (posted 23 of them on Flickr) and all in all was quite pleased with the visit.

After getting a so-called iced tea at a local fast food joint, I headed over to the bookstore where I bought two novels and a Dilbert collection. Went to a couple stores looking for work shirts and actually found two that I liked. They are slightly tighter than I prefer but they are still comfy & look nice on me. Still, I would have been happier with the next size up had they had any. On the other hand, they *were* on sale and I got the pair for less than $25 and that is nothing to complain about.

So now I'm home enjoying the solitude (the game is over, and Ralph went Halloween shopping with our friend Moon) and thinking about reading for a while. Yeah, that sounds nice. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment