Saturday, August 30, 2008

Last Saturday of August


I must be getting old, because the weeks & months & years go by so fast. Time is slow when you're a kid, but once you're grown up it just flies by. Here it is the end of August (2008!!) already.

Had a nice, if quiet, day. After breakfast we drove up to Venice Beach & wandered around a bit. Had all the usual swap meet crap for sale, of course, but it was pleasant to walk along & people watch. There was one shop selling those "flying" toys--you know, planes, birds, winged cows & pigs on a wire, which "fly" around & around. As we were looking at them a woman came up and looked also, and said, "Oh, aren't those imaginary!" It was all I could do not to look at her and say, "Um, no, they aren't, although they might be considered *imaginative.* Unless you can see something that I can't, in which case that just might be imaginary."

On the drive home we stopped at Starbucks & split a vanilla creme frappuccino. Very tasty indeed, especially after spending an hour in the hot sun at the beach. Once we got home we both had quiet days reading, napping, brainsucking and in my case doing a bit of knitting. I'll probably frog it because I'm not entirely please with it (I'm making a cell phone cozy & I'm just winging the pattern as I go along) however the basic pattern is coming out nicely and I think I can do it right the second go-round.

We ended up having leftover chili for dinne rlast night, so had the burgers for dinner today instead, with some grilled corn on the cob to go with it. Very delicious! Our tomato was finally ripe so we sliced that up to go on the burgers along with some cheddar cheese & grilled onions. Better than burgers from a restaurant if you ask me.

Now we're watching "Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix." A non-taxing end to a quiet day :-)

2 comments:

  1. "not entirely please", huh? "for dinne rlast", huh? *I* wasn't going to mention these typos until you oh-so-politely brought mine to attention. Ten-hut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you don't correct my typos, how will I know if you are reading my blog or not??

    ReplyDelete