Friday, August 29, 2008

Start of the Labor Day Weekend


Another good day today. Got lots done at work. At 1:00 pm The Powers That Be ordered in pizza & munchies and showed a movie in the conference room (The Phantom Menace). I didn't watch it because a) we own it b) I don't like that movie and c) I had a lot of work to do, but I did have some pizza, chipsnsalsa, and one Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. Hey, free lunch is free lunch! Then we got to go home early; off at 3:00. Unfortunately there was a LOT of traffic so I didn't get home until 4:30 however that's still 30 minutes earlier than normal quittin' time which is always a plus.

Forgot to mention that the "Frazz" book I ordered on Amazon arrived on Wednesday. Of course, I finished reading it by yesterday. That is one of my favorite comics; it's consistently funny & often thought-provoking. And the strip's writer is obviously an intelligent person, considering I had to look up two words in the dictionary while reading the book (palter and diaphoresus; I already knew trebuchet & callipygian) and that's not something that's likely to happen whilst reading "Cathy."

As you can see from the photo, our one red tomato is almost ready for picking. Actually, I took that picture three days ago so it might be ready now. I hope so; it would be a nice addition to the hamburgers Ralph said he would grill up for dinner tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment