Sunday, July 13, 2008

Using Ralph's computer


Having major computer issues today. We think the hard drive might be fried. Fortunately, our last back-up was at 11:00 pm yesterday, so once we replace the drive (or otherwise get things working again) we'll be able to reload everything. However, that means for today I'm stuck posting one of Ralph's photos, and his storage "system" is a nightmare to navigate. So, I'll just use this shot of a turtle taken at El Dorado Nature Center last month, rather than go nuts trying to find a *good* picture.

Also having trouble with my knitting. I'm on an easy row of the pattern, but I've just moved the lifeline and it's tightened the stitches so much that they won't slide along the needle at all. I have to fight for each and every millimeter. And, of course, in the struggle I keep dropping stitches, or knitting three together when I mean to knit two, etc. So I've set it aside for now.
Other than that, it's really been a pretty good day. We had a *very* fancy breakfast of quesadillas & burrito Supremes from Taco Bell followed by a mocha frap for me & plain coffee for Ralph; took the GG's to dog beach; I did some knitting and Ralph went to Harbor Freight to get electronics for Halloween. Oh, and we got the car washed by a group raising funds for the Special Olympics.
Our garden is doing well. We've got a small pepper growing on one plant, and one of the tomatillos is starting to get fruit too. Tomatoes aren't doing much yet, and the hot pepper only has the barest beginnings of buds. Still have no idea what we're going to do with all that basil though.

1 comment:

  1. I've got 3 pepper plants and each one has one pepper. Waiting for the Bell to turn color but we may eat the Jalapeno and Cubanelle. They aren't doing as well as in previous years. We get less rain every year.
    Congratulations on having backed up the puter.

    ReplyDelete