Wednesday, July 23, 2008

More OC Fair pictures. First off, we have this really cool freakin' crocodile metal sculpture. The speech bubble that you can just see the corner of says "say cheese!" which as I may have mentioned was the theme this year. Isn't he a happy looking fellow? He was in the visual arts section of the fair. There were a couple exhibits in there that I liked in addition to this one, but most of the pictures I just thought "meh." There was a photo there that I really liked; a black & white close up of a pair of obviously old woman hands, holding a photo of a herself as a young woman. It was really well done and surprisingly touching.



Next up is from the home crafts section, in the "holiday of your choice themed table setting." You need to click & look at this one in full size to get the full effect. It's entitled "Captain Blackbeard's Valentine's Dinner." Loved the purple cloth & fancy candles, as well as the novelty of using a pirate theme for Valentine's rather than Hallowe'en.

Not much else to write about today. Had lunch with GF, who is still at the Irvine office although not for long, and KF who is at the South building. I had a very nice piece of tilapia, rice, and some chopped up apples that were NOT baked into a pie. Oh, and a big glass of milk. I've been trying really hard to cut down on the soda and I think that may be why I feel so tired lately--cutting down on soda means less caffeine, too. We mostly bitched about work & talked about GF's pending move to Ohio. She's found a place for her horse to live but not for herself, and she's still looking for work too. Pretty scary.

Made a pineapple upside down cake the other day. It was pretty good, although I used a mix so of course it wasn't as good as a scratch cake. Still, it was quick & easy & satisfied the strong craving that I was having. I just may have a wee bit before bedtime.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool pictures - and I love the "finger bone bowl"!

    ReplyDelete