Saturday, July 12, 2008

Short update on the shawl


Just finished the second repeat of the main body pattern. I pinned it out on a pillow for the photo at right so the pattern would show (the purple line above the cable is my lifeline). Also realized that I misread the instructions; I need to do six total of the main body pattern, not five. I think I have enough yarn so I'm not too worried about that. Now that I'm getting used to knitting the lace, it's going a bit faster. I can finish a row in about 30-40 minutes whereas at first it was taking me 40 minutes to an hour. I did notice something that amused me, though. Row 37 includes a purl three together followed by a purl three together through the back loop. I realized today that when I'm working these stitches, I count them off in my head as "purl three normal, purl three Abby Normal." Pretty good evidence that we are, indeed, influenced by environment/media :-)
And as far as we can tell, all babies are still alive in the aquarium, yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment