Saturday, July 5, 2008

2/3 through the 3-day weekend


Got the garden in the ground today. Didn't really take all that long, either. Of course, it helped that Ralph rototilled three times during the week in anticipation of planting :-) Doesn't look like much know, but wait until it all fills in.
Spent more time with Moon & MH2 today. We went to the Halloween Club to buy a few things & get some ideas for the haunted house (this year's theme: haunted graveyard/mausoleum) (probably). Afterwards we had lunch at Red Robin & discussed the layout. Still don't know exactly how we want to set things up, but it is fun to consider the possibilities.
Finished spinning up the fiber for the shawl, and plied the last couple bobbins. I'm really surprised at how little yardage I got out of the 8 ounces of fiber; can't help but wonder if maybe it wasn't quite 8 ounces. . . still, I should have enough for a shawl although perhaps not the pattern I had originally decided to do. I also need to set the twist in the last two skeins.

Feeling very sleepy already, and it's barely 6:00 pm. Probably due to the large & late lunch combined with the warm weather. I'm glad there's one day left in the weekend. It's been a lot busier than I had planned. Don't get me wrong--I enjoyed visiting with everyone over the past three days, but I had also really been looking forward to a long, quiet weekend with Ralph so all the visiting really disrupted my mindset, if you know what I mean. Sometimes having no plans for the weekend IS the plan. On the other hand, we don't get a chance to visit our friends that often & I shouldn't whine about it when we do :-)

3 comments:

  1. Hey, your Halloween theme fits in perfectly with an idea The Boy and I had a breakfast today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, I had a typo in that comment. But then, you had one in your post, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I see your typo. You left out the period between "idea" and "The Boy." ;-) Now I'm off to find the typo in my post.

    ReplyDelete