Saturday, July 26, 2008

Shawl update

I have just finished repeat #6 of the shawl. According to the pattern, I should now do one edge row & then bind off. It seems so short, though, and I really want a long shawl. On the other hand, who knows how much it will stretch when I block it? Still, I would rather have it too long than too short, and I have enough yarn for at least two or three more repeats, so I think I'll keep going.

For some reason, if I am on Ralph's sign-on, I don't get a preview of the pictures in my folder when I go to upload them, so I don't know what I'll get until it's loaded. I chose this one simply because it was #72 (in itty bitty glasses, ha ha). This is a blossom on a cotton plant, taken at the Orange County Fair. I found it interesting that the plants had both white flowers and pink ones too. This is not a particularly good shot; the one I took of a pink blossom came out better but I'm keeping this one up because I cannot resist the lure of 72.

No comments:

Post a Comment