Thursday, July 3, 2008

I. . . I *Forgot*!

Can't believe I forgot to post yesterday. Not as if there were anything *exciting* to talk about, but still . . .

Had lunch with LM from work (Big Sis, if you are reading this, she is the co-worker who went with us the last time we saw Wicked). We worked together in Irvine, and she is still with the company although not in the same building as I am. It was fun and a real pleasure to see her again. I wasn't even sure she had "made the cut" when the transfer occurred, and had to look her up in the Outlook directory to be sure. She says her department is very busy; sounds as though she is as swamped as we are. Anyway, we didn't go anywhere fancy, just Arby's. I had their new toasted Italian sub. No, the sub was toasted, it wasn't made from toasted Italians. Once I took the peppers off it was delicious. Not sure why they put the peppers on; I told the cashier no peppers, and both he AND the other cashier told the sandwich maker person no peppers, but when I got the sammidge there they were.

Today the office is closing at 2:30 in honor of Independence Day. Not sure I'll actually be able to leave that early, but I'm going to try. I will, of course, be wearing my traditional "Love American Style" heart shirt which is of course the subject of today's photo. I made this, oh must have been in either '91 or '92 for a 4th of July picnic & have worn it every year since. I was a little dismayed to discover a stain on it last night while ironing it (don't faint, Sis) but was able to remove the stain by dabbing it with Q-tips dipped in diluted bleach, then rinsing it well so as not to damage the fabric.


Joined a new group on Flickr last week, "Feathery Friday." On Wednesday, the theme for the week is posted; then from Thursday to Saturday morning you post a bird photo that fits with the theme. Saturday is voting for your fave shot. Last week's theme was "My Back Side is My Best Side." I only had one photo that fit that theme, and it wasn't a very good one, but since I had *just* joined the group I posted it anyway. Mind you, on Sunday when we went to Bolsa Chica I took several really good shots that would have qualified but of course the contest was over by then. Didn't receive even one vote but then I didn't expect it to; I just wanted to participate. Was eagerly looking forward to this week's theme--and it's "Extreme Close-Up." Sigh. I don't have a single shot that qualifies, and since we don't have Kip anymore the chances of me being able to take one in time to enter are pretty slim. Guess I'll have to wait until next week. I will have the camera with me today, just in case. Maybe I'll stop at the bird shop & see if they will let me take a picture of one of their parrots. Anyway, here is a link to the winning photo (about which, when voting, someone commented "I'm going for the ostrich butt. How can I resist that?" I really want to use that line someday. . . ) http://www.flickr.com/photos/makeupanid/2612197969/ and the link to the one that I voted for. http://www.flickr.com/photos/patries71/2612319285/

2 comments:

  1. And, apparently, you figured that posting this morning meant you didn't have to post this evening? Shame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once per day, that's all I require :-) Besides, I've had other days where I post three or four times so it all evens out in the end.

    ReplyDelete