Friday, July 11, 2008

Fry!


Today has been a good day. Got up around 5:20, which gave me 40 minutes to knit before I had to get ready for work. Finished a whole row on the shawl with time to spare. Then I checked on the fish that we had to put in the hospital tank a couple days ago (she had internal hemorrhaging; you could see the blood showing through her skin) and was pleased to see that she looked much better. The blood stains had faded considerably, she wasn't bloated anymore. Oh, and there were about twenty babies in the tank with her. Guess she had so many babies inside her that her little fish-womb (or whatever they have) got a tear in it. We moved her back to the main tank so she wouldn't eat the babies. Hope they survive! Please note, there is a cropped version of the photo on my flickr site (link is on the left); the fish show up much better in that one.


Absolutely NO traffic on the drive to work, which was good because it meant I got there a few minutes early despite having left a few minutes late. Work itself was quiet, and I got a lot done with virtually no interruptions. That felt good, let me tell you. Got another row & almost-a-half done on the shawl during lunch. Closed escrow on one of our major problem loans, and have two more ready to fund on Monday. Whew!


And it's FRIDAY! Ralph & I thought about going to the Orange County Fair, but since this is opening weekend decided it would probably be way too crowded. We'll probably go next weekend instead. So the plans for the weekend are: gosh, we have none! I can rest and relax and read and knit and play with the dogs and have the break that I had been counting on last weekend and didn't get. Aaaaaahhhhhhhh. . . . . .

1 comment: