Thursday, July 31, 2008

Isn't it Friday YET??


Fiscal quarter end today. Busy. Drama. That's all I've got to say about that.


Making great progress on the shawl. I have 5 more rows to go in the last pattern repeat, then the edging row & binding off. Of course, then I have to figure out how to block it without lace blocking wires. . . Ralph has a spool of stainless steel wire which I might have to abscond with.


Speaking of the shawl, it now has a new name. The pattern is called "Monterey Shawl," but I have decided to call mine the "Witchiepoo Shawl" because it's so similar to her hair color. I always did like "H. R. Pufnstuff." Jimmy was so hot ;-) Although Freddie was so very annoying that I think I would have just let the witch have him.
Ralph brought Neighbor D's birds over to our house yesterday. It's much easier for us to make sure they have food & water if they are here rather than trying to remember to go over to his house. I was so caught up in taking care of Sadie that I quite forgot the birds so I'm glad he thought to bring them over.
Speaking of petsitting, Neighbor J is back & his cats survived their stint in our care. I did find out their names though: the white cat is Guy, and the calico is Bunny. They do rather look like rabbits so I can see where she got her name.
Well, it's late (for an early-bird like me, anyway!) and it's hot in here, so I think it's time to scrounge some dinner & go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment