Sunday, July 20, 2008

A thought about knitting lace


Even with a lifeline, it's astoundingly difficult to get 364 stitches back on the needles. On the other hand, frogging down to the lifeline did give me a chance to spread out the shawl & get a better idea of the current length & width. The paperback in the photo is for perspective only. If I follow the pattern instructions, I only need to do one more repeat of the pattern (plus the two rows I just frogged), one edging row, then bind off. However, I really do want it to be longer so I think I will do at least two or three more pattern repeats. I've used 430 yards at this point and have 600 yards left, so I don't have to worry about running out halfway through the bindoff even if I do add extra repeats.

1 comment:

  1. It's gorgeous. I wish I could knit. I can crochet badly though. LOL

    ReplyDelete