Saturday, June 28, 2008

worked way too long last night


Yesterday was a very stressful day at work. Some of the things that happened: had to explain to a lender that no, we could not close her client's escrow even though she (lender) hadn't wired the funds yet. Had e-mail from escrow describing how this lender's client had shown up at their office on Thursday night (9:00 pm!) demanding that they (escrow) chase down the courier & add his closing to the packet. Had six contracts arrive at my desk (I hate it when they send them all at once). Spent a good part of the day trying to get estimated HUDs that were correct for lots that had closed on Thursday (why, yes, we ARE supposed to have a correct HUD before we close, but on the other hand I'm not going to tell a buyer "Sorry, I delayed the closing because there was a mistake on the HUD which I knew could and would be fixed"). Turns out one of the reasons escrow was having so much trouble with one is that the buyer had been given a seller-incentive that we (the seller) hadn't authorized; the lender just assumed that we would pay it. They assumed correctly (long story) but of course there wasn't anything in writing authorizing it, so I had to help get the authorization then prepare an addendum; sure hope Sales can get the buyer to sign it at this point. Finally got my closings a few minutes before 5:00 pm, then spent the next 3-1/4 hours trying to get correct HUDs for those & prepare the files to be closed out Monday morning. I am sooooo glad it's the weekend. . .


Still, I should be glad I have a job. Big Sis sent me e-mail late yesterday afternoon; her temp job is only guaranteed through the end of June--yes, that's this Monday--and she doesn't know if it's going to be extended or not. That must really be worrisome!
Knit half the heel on one sock before discovering an error. Tried to fix it. Couldn't. Ripped the heel out again. I hope these don't become The White Socks That Will Never Be Finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment