Tuesday, June 3, 2008

What ARE we to do with that dog??


Well, the dogs got out of the yard. Again. This time they moved a cinder block & dug out under the fence into Neighbor J's yard. His yard doesn't have a gate, just a big opening at the driveway, so they were able to run out to the front yard. Fortunately Neighbor D saw them & kept an eye on them. When I got home Hali greeted me at the car; Zoe had returned to the backyard. We're going to have to put in some sort of concrete edging, I think, and maybe put Zoe back on the chain. I sure hate to chain her up though.


Poor Zoe, though. (Warning: TMI alert!) Last night I noticed she had something on the side of her face, so I took a closer look. It was vomit. We looked around & found a spot where the cat had thrown up. However, it wasn't all smeared and the vomit on the dog's face wasn't rubbed into the hair at all. As far as we can tell, Zoe must have been lying on the floor when the cat came over and puked on her. Poor thing. . . .


Thought about bringing the camera to work today, and decided against it. So of COURSE when I got to work, there were two brown rabbits in the grass; when I left work, there was a young squirrel on the curb surrounding one of the planters in the parking lot; and when I was almost home I passed a good-sized flock of snowy egrets in the river basin. And you know that if I bring the camera tomorrow there will be nothing picture-worthy.


On a more mundane note, last night's dinner turned out really well. I used Shake-n-Bake on the chops, which came out so moist and flavorful. Then I made fried potatoes, probably the best I've ever made, using red potatoes sliced thin & fried in real butter with onions, mushrooms, parsley flakes, fresh-ground black pepper, and seasoned salt. Lastly I heated up some peas which come frozen and you just zap the whole package in the microwave. The packaging is designed so that the veggies steam inside it. Tonight I am fixing turkey kielbasa & cabbage, which I will serve with buttered whole-grain bread.


Making good progress on the Brown Socks That Will Never Be Finished. I've got enough yarn left for maybe another 20 rounds on each sock. I will be glad when they are done, although that does mean that I will "have" to pull out my other three WIPs (the monkey, the lobster, and the diamond socks that need to be frogged down to shorten the instep) and do some work on them. I know the monkey will be adorable when he is finished, but it is the most boring project I have ever knit.

2 comments:

  1. You do realize, don't you, that if/when you finish the brown socks you'll have to re-name them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have to worry about that, because they will Never Be Finished.

    ReplyDelete