Monday, June 23, 2008

And it's Monday again





Thought I'd post a few more pictures from yesterday's nature walk. These are all shots that Ralph took. The hawk in the first shot is the one that had the squirrel all spooked. It's a little blurry, but much better than any of the pictures of it I was able to get. We liked the cactus in the second picture because it looks like a cartoon bunny.
Had a frustrating morning. Needed pricing from one person & a report from another in order to do my job; both people said they were "too busy" and that I'd have to wait. Faked the pricing (I knew what it was *supposed* to be, and just made the adjustment even though I'm technically supposed to wait for the price sheet) and waited on the report to do those updates. Since the person who needed the updates was the person who was too busy to run the report, I don't think he had any cause to complain.
A/C at work still not functioning right. We had fans running all day, and maintenance is *supposed* to get it fixed tonight. We shall see. In the meantime, I have the OK to wear my nice alleged t-shirts until it's fixed for sure.
Ralph bought a new fish yesterday, some sort of eel. I haven't really seen it yet as it tends to bury itself in the sand. Now I just have to figure out how to feed the fish through the screen he has over the top of the tank, without removing the two lights and the fan that are on top of the screen. Before you make snide comments, bear in mind that the top of my head is only an inch higher than the top of the tank, so it's pretty awkward for me to have to move everything twice a day to feed, and the fish food is bigger than the holes in the screen.
Not much else today, but then Mondays are generally like that :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment