Saturday, June 21, 2008

Good knitting day



Well, my post is, I suspect, going to be a lot like Big Sis's, considering we just spent the day together. Ralph & I met up with her at an IHOP near her place around 9:00 am. Ralph ordered pancakes with strawberries on them. Sis ordered crepes with strawberries. I ordered country fried steak and eggs with strawberries. Should have seen the double-take from the waitress! We all, including the waitress, had a good laugh.

Afterwards we all (except the waitress) headed to Sis's place. Ralph read, and brainsucked, and swam; Sis & I knit and chatted and knit. We put in a movie ("Lady in the Water") which they watched & I mostly listened to (I've seen it often enough that I can follow the story just listening, and I watched just my favorite scenes). Sis is working on this gorgeous scarf; it's a wavy pattern, and the yarn she is using is a green/purple/blue colorway that is spaced just perfectly for the scarf--the colors go back & forth across it in a big zig-zag. If I were a scarf-wearing sort of person I would yoink it from her :-) I should have taken a picture, but maybe she'll post one. I worked a bit on the orangutan: did the last two fingers on the hand, knit the last five rounds on the leg & sewed it to the body, then knit most of the foot. Forgot to bring the stuffing so wasn't able to finish that part, and I didn't really feel like getting started on another arm or leg, so I began another project that's really easy; you knit a square about 6", then with a series of cunning folds & sewing and the addition of ears & a tail, you get an adorable little bunny.
For lunch we ordered the "Thin 'n' Crispy" from Domino's. Ralph liked it, but I wasn't that thrilled with it. The crust is about the thickness of the cardboard in a toilet paper tube, and cooked to a dark brown crunch. Oh, well.
That's pretty much the whole day. It may not sound like much, but I sure enjoyed myself.

2 comments:

  1. My scarf is un-yoink-able. And, although you may not remember, you bought the yarn for me in Vermont. Bet you're sorry you gave it away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember buying the yarn in *Virginia*, but didn't realize that was what you were using. Of course, I had only seen it when it was still a hank, not knit or wound into a ball, and I don't think I've seen it since I gave it to you in 2006.

    ReplyDelete