Wednesday, June 18, 2008

OK, so I'm an idiot



OK, so it was bring a dish OR make a donation to the meat fund for Friday's BBQ. In my own defense the announcement was ambiguous, stating "We need donations to buy the meat. There will be a sign-up sheet in the kitchen for side items." So. Anyway. There you have it.

The reminder e-mail I sent myself from work (of things about which to blog) says "meeting, BBQ." Sure wish I could remember what it was about the meeting that I wanted to write about. Obviously I need to start sending better reminder e-mails. Oh, well. . .

So I fed the fish in the pond earlier this evening, and noticed how green & nice the lily pads looked with the water droplets from the sprinkler on them, so I went back in the house for the camera. As I came back out, a bird flew up from the grass, over the pond, and into the neighbor's yard. When I got to the pond to take the picture, I noticed a little "caterpiggle" on one of the lily pads. Guess the bird must have dropped it! There are some photos of it on my flickr site. After I took the pictures, Ralph rescued the critter so it wouldn't drown.

No comments:

Post a Comment