Sunday, June 15, 2008

Socks are done. . . now what??

Well, since The Brown Socks That Will Never Be Finished are finished, I guess I should start working on one of my other on-hold WIPs. My choices: the adorable but mind-numbingly-dull-to-knit orangutan (pictured right); the claws-are-a-b*tch-to-knit lobster; or the need-to-frog-3" white diamond socks. Ooorrrrrrr, I could start a completely new project. . .

Last night, I Fulfilled a Lifelong Goal. I used to love watching the Marx Brothers movies when I was in my early teens, and for a while even had a framed photo of Harpo in my room. Read a couple biographies on them, as well. I was determined that somehow, someday, I would actually *hear* Harpo's voice, and now I have. I found a youtube video on which Harpo Marx speaks. He doesn't say much, but I have finally heard his voice. Not every day one Fulfills a Lifelong Goal!

Actually remembered to send Dad an e-mail for Fathead's Day. This is, in and of itself, a miracle.

Went shopping for work clothes today. That trip was a waste of time & a dismal failure. Apparently the only shirts I like are cotton knit, and even if they don't have stitching on the outside I suspect they would be on the "no" list. I'll have to print it up during the week & take it with me on a shopping trip next Sunday. I did see some button-ups that were rather nice, but unfortunately I really can't wear those as manufacturers put the buttons on in such a way that the shirts always gap open across the bustline when I wear them. Having large "bazooms" is NOT an advantage. Anyway, I didn't buy any clothes & instead did a work-clothes-only load of laundry. I've got just enough to get me through the week.

The trip to the bookstore was more successful. I bought "The Lost World" on audiodisk as it was the only one I could find that met my exacting criteria (must sound at least vaguely interesting; must not be abridged; must be at least 10 hours long so it will last a full work week; must be a story as opposed to anecdotes, self help, etc) and a true-crime novel called "Killer Doctors." Wasn't able to see if my other book was at the Indian place as for some reason they were closed. I've noticed that, despite having Sunday hours posted, whether or not they are actually open on Sunday is a bit hit-or-miss. I had already started re-reading "Crewel Yule" at breakfast & will finish that one before starting my new book. Shouldn't take too long, as I'm already halfway through it.

Also got a little bit more spinning done, but not as much as I'd intended. I'm having a bit of elbow pain & thought I should take a break.

3 comments:

  1. The Librarian's child or how he would have looked had he been a youngster. Sweet and innocent. Unlike a woman of normal body who is forced to shop for today's clothes. Why are the stores and clothing companies still in business? Surely there aren't enough teenagers to support them. And who can afford Talbott's and yarn?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, yes, I should put a little book in his hands. Oook! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. After you give him hands, plural .... He's turning out awfully cute.

    ReplyDelete