Sunday, June 29, 2008

Second bunny


Since I didn't feel like working on the orangutan, and my socks have decided to lose & break needles, I decided to make another bunny. This one is smaller than the first, and I stitched him purl side out just for variety. Bigger tail, too (I really must replace the first bunny's tail; it just looks ridiculous compared to the new one!) and I was a lot more careful sewing him up.
Yesterday Ralph & I had lunch with one of his co-workers & her husband. We went to a local Thai place (one of about a dozen nearby) and ate waaaaay too much. We ordered a variety of things so we could have lots of "tastes:" chicken curry, shrimp curry, fish cakes, pad thai, egg rolls, potstickers, chicken satay, and Thai iced tea. Needless to say neither Ralph nor I ate any dinner last night. It was a very pleasant visit, lasting about 2 hours. I knit the square for the bunny while we chatted.
Absolutely MUST do housework today. I took a fun picture of Mudgie last night; he was rolling around on the floor while Ralph rubbed him with his (Ralph's) foot, but the carpet is so full of pet hair and yuck that I was too embarrassed to post the pic.
Zoe has improved her Houdini skills. When I got home from work on Friday & opened the back door, she ran right in. I figured Ralph had just decided not to tether her that day. Well, yesterday Ralph asked me why I decided to take her harness off of her. Uhhhh, I hadn't taken it off. . . we went outside, and there was the harness still attached to the tether! Then a few minutes later Ralph found Zoe's collar on the floor in the living room. Sheesh!
Well, I better go & get started on housework & stuff before it gets too hot.

1 comment: