Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Does this make any sense??

Today's picture: the one and only rose that is in bloom on the never-has-done-well rosebush in our front yard. It smells so beautiful!


Someone explain this to me. Our company has an in-house lender. There are two branches of the mortgage company. One is in Florida, and one is Arizona. Right now all our files are handled by the Arizona office. However, the mortgage head honchos are rearranging which branch handles particular files. So that means all of the West Coast files are going to be handled by the Florida office, and the East Coast files will be handled by the Arizona office. This means that all our account managers will be going home three hours before the end of our California business day, and all the East Coasters will have been at work for two hours before their account managers arrive for the day. What kind of crazy plan is that?

Another odd thing at work: starting last Monday, the supply room is now being kept locked. Two people have the key, and if you need anything you have to get the key from one of them. The people don't actually go with you--they just hand you the key and you go in, get what you plan on taking, drop it off at your desk, then return the key. One person keeps the key on her desk in plain sight, so if she isn't there you can just take it & not have to wait for her to return. I asked why they are locking the door, and was told that "some things had gone missing." Um, one, how will allowing people to take things out unattended prevent things from being taken, and two, if the items weren't for general office use, why were they in the supply room instead of being in a locked cabinet, or at the very least put in a box marked "Do Not Take"? Whatever!

Got *very* little knitting done today; only three rounds on one sock. Maybe after dinner (Indian food from the local take-out place) I'll get in a few more rounds.

Speaking of food, a strange thing happened today. First, you have to understand that I *hate hate HATE* oatmeal. My doctor told me I am supposed to eat it (cholesterol control, doncha know) and I really did try--I ate a bowlful almost every day until it got to the point that I just could not choke it down. Anyway, when I went shopping last week I bought some "Simple Harvest Multi-Grain Hot Cereal" (by Quaker Oats) thinking that maybe it wouldn't be so bad. Well, I had my first packet on Monday & found that I like it. In fact, today not only was I *looking forward* to having my bowlful at snacktime, but I was actually sorry when it was gone! I bought the almond/honey/vanilla flavor; the next time I go shopping I think I will pick up one of the other flavors (it also comes in apple/cinnamon and maple/brown sugar/pecan), and maybe a box of the Simple Harvest granola bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment