Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Just a few words

How's that for a neat-o shot? I think it's really groovy, in a happening kind of way. It's a picture of the tree fern in our backyard, taken looking straight up from under one of the branches.


I noticed two people at work today wearing shorts. Not overly short (the clothes, not the people), they did come down to the top of the knee, but shorts nonetheless. One girl tried to tell me they were "capris" to which I pointed out that capris come BELOW the knee. She then said that they were "nice" and that made them slacks. Sheesh. So how come they get to wear shorts, but if I wear a knit top it's the end of the world?



I am making good progress on the spinning that I started on Sunday. I knew I just needed to work with the brighter colorway to be inspired again. (The green is pretty, but it's all one shade & I am soooo bored with it.) I have two bobbins completed, and one more that is about 2/3 full. Another 30 minutes or so of spinning & it will be done. I will ply those three up to get an idea of the yardage so I will know how much more to spin. I want at least 1,100 yards as I think that will make a decent-sized shawl. I decided against knitting the one in Spin-Off. A circular shawl really is a lot nicer even if it does take three times the yarn to make one.


I found a really good chiggen recipe online yesterday, if you can call something with only three ingredients a recipe. You take 4 tablespoons of butter, melt it in a pan with 2 tablespoons of chicken bouillion granules & stir 'til it's blended together, then add four boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Fry them for 20 minutes or until cooked through, turning occasionally so they don't burn. They came out a little salty--I think next time I'll decrease the bouillion by half or see if I can find some low-sodium granules--but otherwise were very tasty. We're going to have the leftovers for dinner tonight. Think I'll make fried taters to go with it. Mind you, what I *really* want to have for dinner is a Big Mac. . . wonder if I can call Ralph & talk him into stopping at Mickey D's on the way home? I know, I know--the chiggen is better for me.


Nothing really interesting happened today, so I guess I'll sign off for now.

2 comments:

  1. Hm. No matter how nice, shorts are never slacks. And for that matter, capri pants aren't considered "business" wear, either. Even if worn with high-heeled shoes.

    ReplyDelete