Thursday, June 12, 2008

So, I missed a posting. . .



I had a horrid Sally when I got home last night, plus dinner took so long that by the time we ate & got back from the restaurant all I wanted to do was sleep. Thus, no post for the Teeming Millions who read my blog. Many apologies.


I plied the first three bobbins. Came out much more orange than I anticipated (gosh, what a shock, yellow & red put together look orange. . . )and I hope that I will be able to wear the finished shawl. I tend to look awful in orange; makes me look all jaundiced.
So, filled up the gas tank yesterday. Well, almost--for the first time ever, I set the pump for $40 worth and did NOT get any change back. Yikes! Good thing I get fabulous mileage (drove 503 miles on that last tank) or I would go broke fast driving to work & back each day.
Also had a blast from the past, as it were. The restaurant we went to last night has a cigarette vending machine. Amazing--haven't seen one in ages. It's not in an easily-visible place; kinda stuck in a corner at the top of some stairs. You can really only see it when you come out of the restaurant.
NOTE TO ALL MY READERS WHO WORK IN A BUILDING THAT HAS A RESTROOM FOR ITS CUSTOMERS: If a customer tells you that the restroom is out of toilet paper, it's a good idea to assume that the reason they are telling you this is that he/she needs to pee like a racehorse & would like you to refill the paper so he/she can use the facility. He/she is not telling you this so you can smile & nod & walk off to set up milkshakes for the lunchtime rush that is still four hours away.
Missed another photo op today. I had the camera with me, but I was driving at the time. On the way to work, I passed a mailman in full uniform walking a dog. Usually you think of dogs & mailmen as being "enemies" so I liked this particular scene.
I also discovered yesterday that I am not the only one who was supposed to get an office & was ousted. Apparently the office that JV is in, that was going to be Mr. Boss Man's, was originally to be the office of Mr. Big Boss's executive assistant. Instead she has a sort of office constructed out of cubicle walls, with a really big desk and filing cabinets, but still basically a cubicle.
Hmmm. Even missing a day I don't have much to post. What a fabulous exciting life I lead. . .

1 comment:

  1. Must be something about this area of town. Quite often, on my way to work, I see a female postal carrier (to be PC about it) walking two dogs.

    And milkshakes are important.

    ReplyDelete