Thursday, June 19, 2008

Soooo hot today


Can't believe the weather lately. My car thermometer registered 102 when I left work at 6:00 today. If this is what Ontario is like in June, I am totally dreading August. Didn't help that I stopped to pick up food at Chee Chinese Restaurant (great food, no A/C) then when I got home discovered that we forgot to set the A/C before we left. It was an oven in here--I really felt sorry for the cats, being in the stifling house all day, but they seem none the worse for wear.


Took the picture of this rabbit outside work this morning. There's a better shot posted at my flickr site. Got three photos before he hopped away.


Saw an interesting license plate frame today. It said "Fish don't walk, and Jesus still lives." My first thought was, "Um, yeah, fish DO walk--at least some do!" Guess the driver had never heard of lungfish or mudskippers (and while googling, I discovered that the northern snakehead--a rather nasty mean fish--can also walk).


Having more volume troubles with the car radio. For a few minutes this morning, the manual volume control wouldn't work at all. Then after I used the steering-wheel electronic control to make the adjustment, it started raising & lowering by itself and quite at random. It flickered back & forth between level 24 & 26 for about 15 seconds at one point. Guess I'm going to have to take the car in to make sure there aren't any other electrical hiccups going on.

1 comment:

  1. Does your comment mean you are going to SOAR? My area had a famous episode with the snakeheads a couple years ago. Now they seem to have given up. My theory is: if you make it a delicacy people will overfish it so fast it won't have time to walk away. Not that I am volunteering to touch it but if someone else cleans it!

    ReplyDelete