Monday, June 2, 2008

Another non-exciting day.

Got up. Got dressed. Went to work. Worked. Came home. Gonna fix pork chops (no appleshaushe) for dinner. That just about sums it all up.

Yesterday was a really good day, though. I knit & took pictures in the backyard after my post (I've included one here). Ralph had a nap while I was doing that, and afterwards we did end up going to George's which is just THE BEST restaurant in Long Beach. When we arrived, I realized that we were really close to Termite's place, so I called her up. Got her voice mail, but left a message saying where we were. Turned out she & her boyfriend Rocker Guy were just a few buildings away; when she showed up at George's she said if we had looked to the south we probably would have seen them on the sidewalk! Had a very nice visit--talked for a bit over an hour (and snapped a photo of her), then RG had to head out to San Diego for a gig at the House of Blues & we came back home.


When we got back, we saw there was an open house up the street, so we walked through it. Not a bad little place, but not one that I would purchase. The laundry room is a little add-on in the backyard, and while the washer/dryer themselves are covered, anyone using them would be standing out in whatever weather was going on, be it blazing sun or pouring rain. Also, the hallway to the bath was way too narrow; nowhere near enough storage space; and the garage was so tiny I doubt even the Prius would fit into it. Afterwards we took a nice walk around the block.

Before we actually got to the open house though, Ralph saw a big butterfly on his motorcycle. He took quite a few pictures of it. When we got back, it was still there! It had moved from the mirror to the clutch, and of course Ralph took more photos; about 25 altogether. I've posted my favorite one here.
Even though yesterday wasn't an exciting day, I think it's one of the nicest days I've had in a long time. No stress, very relaxing, had some fun with the dogs & taking pictures, ate wonderful Greek food & visited an old friend, had an enjoyable walk with my husband. . . yes, a very nice day indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment