Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Not much to post today



These mittens are an example of how even a mistake can work out. The pattern is the mittens portion of the "mushroom cap and mittens" from "Homespun Handknit." The pattern looked waaaay too short in the fingers, so I added two stripes. Ooops! They came out too large for me! I kept them in the trailer as emergency cold-weather handwarmers, but really only wore them once or twice. Last April when we went camping with Wes & Andrea, I noticed how long her fingers were and asked if she wore mittens. She said, "Sometimes, but it's hard to find ones that fit." I said I had a pair that I made too big for me, but if they fit her she could have them provided she sent me a picture for my "records". And they fit perfectly! So, I had the fun of the project, she has a pair of mittens that actually fit, and all is well. This is the photo she sent. The colors aren't quite right--the white portion came out a bit blue--but you get the feel of it.

Nothing really exciting happened today. Ate spaghetti & chicken for lunch. For once they put enough sauce on it; I told the server "It should look like road kill." She asked, "Doesn't that gross you out?" and I replied, "No. In fact, that should be a good sign for you. If you look at it and say 'gross!' then you know it's right." Guess that worked because there was sooooo much yummy sauce--perfect!

Sent a couple pictures of the yellow dragonfly to whatsthatbug.com; I am hoping they can identify the species. I'm thinking some sort of meadowhawk, but it doesn't quite match up with anything in my field guide. Yes, I have a field guide to dragonflies, what's your point?



Guess that's about it. .

No comments:

Post a Comment