Sunday, June 8, 2008

Sunday spinning


Haven't been doing much spinning lately. The problem was I felt obligated to finish spinning up the bobbin of green I was working on, when what I wanted to spin was the Northern Lights Sunset that I bought in Arizona. Last night I said to heck with it, set aside the green, and started on the sunset. Isn't it gorgeous? I'm thinking shawl and maybe a matching hat . . . if I can find my book of shawl patterns, that is. Thought for sure it was in the red room but couldn't find it this morning. I'm not sure why the camera chose to rotate the photo, but you can see it right-side up on my flickr site, along with a couple other photos of the yarn-in-progress. There is more red and less orange in it than it looks in the pictures.
Big Sis must not have read my blog this weekend, since there was no comment on yesterday's post pointing out my lovely spelling of "prunes." I have fixed the error. . . which interestingly enough, I also made just now when typing "prunes" in the last sentence, and almost did again in this one! OK, that's it; from now on, the official spelling shall be "prunce."
EDIT: I found my shawl pattern book. It was in the red room after all. Found a pattern that I like, and looked at the yarn requirements: 8 skeins of (name of yarn brand) at 150 yards per skein. OK, 1,200 yards although of course I have no idea how thick the yarn is . . . then it says "I bought a 1,800 yd/450 gram cone . . . I used 9.5 oz for this shawl." Must she use THREE different types of measurements (yards, grams, ounces) to describe how much she used? Couldn't she have said "I bought a 1,800 yard cone and had X yards left over (or used X yards)"? Guess I'll have to convert grams to ounces & figure out the yardage that way.

3 comments:

  1. That is because the official spelling of "prunes" is "dried plums" now. Not going to be badly influenced by you to set aside green before it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I know I should have finished the green. . . but how could I resist the siren song of the sunset colorway??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big Sis did read your blog, and noticed the spelling of "prunce". However, since you were eating at an ethnic restaurant, I wasn't completely sure if it was a typo or some food item I was unaware of. So I gave you the benefit of the doubt.

    ReplyDelete