Friday, May 23, 2008

three day weekend, woo hoo!

Hooray for a three-day weekend! I am so ready for it!!!


Got off work early (2:00 pm) although it really feels like I put in a full day. It took about an hour to drive from work to Long Beach, and I went straight to the grocery store. Spent an hour & a half doing the shopping, then unloaded the cart and ran my card through. Not authorized. Hmmm. . . .oh, I see, I spent almost $400 and my debit card has a $300/day limit. No worries. Pull out my credit card. Not authorized. Hmmmmmmm. Can't think of any reason for that card not to be good. Went to the car, pulled out the cell phone & called customer service. The automated program said I missed my $14 payment that was due last week. Funny, thought I had paid that. . . Ended up going to the ATM, pulling out $300 cash and using the other $100 I already had on me to pay for everything. Went online when I got home to check my recent bill paying & realized no, I had paid *Ralph's* credit card payment, but had failed to pay mine. What a maroon! Still, kind of frustrating to have them put a stop on my card for a $14 dollar payment that is only a week late, when that's the first late payment I've had in I can't remember how long.



Anyway, got home, unloaded the THIRTY bags of groceries (plus two items that were too large to fit in the bags), rested a bit, then had the fun of throwing out all the stuff in the fridge that was too old to keep & then putting away all the groceries. PHEW! Finally finished!! Now I can look forward to a (mostly) restful weekend. There is a bit of housework to do, but with Ralph to help it shouldn't be an issue.


Don't know for sure yet if we are going to the Scottish Festival tomorrow. I'd like to go, if it's not too cold & rainy. Then Sunday is the Cookie Lee party with Big Sis. Plus I plan on doing lots of knitting & maybe even some spinning, and a trip to the bookstore of course, even though I haven't finished my current novel. It's really good, too; it's called "The Worst Hard Time" and it's about the Great American Dust Bowl and the events that caused it. Pretty astounding stuff.




Today's picture is another shot I took at Dog Beach. Not my girls, but a pair of some sort of collie-looking dogs. I wish I could have taken a better picture of them; they were really beautiful even with their fur all wet & sandy. They were having such a good time chasing the ball.

Had a weird dream last night. I dreamt I was at a county fair, trying to get the Monkees' autographs. Mike Nesmith admired my socks and wanted me to knit a pair for him too, so I pulled out my tape measure to measure his feet; they were really small--smaller than mine even! For some reason my cat, Mudgie, appeared at about that point; why the cat was at a county fair is beyond me. Eventually the Monkees agreed to give me their autographs, but I had to sign their autograph books too. OH! Almost forgot, the Mamas & the Papas were there, too, but one of the Papas was kinda Ozzy Osbourne-ish and kept yelling & spitting at the audience. Mama Cass had to drag him offstage which is a pretty good trick since she's been dead for several decades.

Brought my knitted sheep hand puppet to work today. I figure that's a safe place to keep it until we've got the moths under control. It would upset me to lose any of my knitted items to moths, but this guy is really cute & was a lot of work so I really don't want it damaged.

No comments:

Post a Comment