Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Feeling a bit better

Today's pic: Hali and her eviscerated monkey. I like the bit of "monkey guts" dangling from her lip.

Still not what I would call "well" but definitely improved over Monday night/Tuesday morning. Spent at least 30 minutes of every hour sleeping yesterday, and slept pretty well all night too. We won't talk about the time spent not-sleeping other than to mention that I weighed four pounds less this morning than I did on Sunday morning. Of course I realize it's just fluid loss & not fat loss, so I'm sure that once I have an appetite again it will come right back. Did manage to eat some food today: about a cup of tomato soup; the top off a small bananananana nut muffin, three bites of my sammidge, some crackers, and about 4 cherries. That is a lot more than I managed yesterday!

Even went to work today. Not an exciting day there, but I got enough done that I won't be overwhelmed when I go in tomorrow. Patrick told me several times to go home, however since I was already there I stuck it out. Glad I did, too.

Had another weird dream last night. In it, my friend/co-worker Deborah was crying like she was fit to die; mascara running down her face, great sobs, copious tears. I kept asking her what was wrong, but couldn't understand what she was saying because she was crying so hard. Finally managed to figure out that her son, Michael (who is in the Air Force) had filled out one of his VA forms incorrectly and had to do it over. Where that came from I have no idea.

Ralph & I have been invited to go on a fishing trip to Catalina this weekend. Ralph is very excited about it, however I don't want to go. Six to eight hours on a boat watching other people fish, out in the sun, out on the moving moving moving water, bored and seasick, not able to get off the boat until the driver is good & ready to get off the water--not my idea of a good time. (Hmmm. Sounds a lot like going to Big Bear Lake when I was a kid.) So I will find something else to do and Ralph can have fun with his buddy on the boat.

Not much else going on. Hopefully I will have more interesting things about which to write tomorrow. Or the next day, perhaps.

1 comment:

  1. As one who has been-there, done-that with the whole seasickness thing, you REALLY don't want to do that after the past couple of days. Unless you are trying to lose more water weight... (no pun intended!)

    ReplyDelete