Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Making progress (again) on the socks

Doesn't Zoe look glamorous? Got her right in the middle of rolling around in the grass. Those are Hali's feet at her head.

I've almost finished the re-knit gusset on the first sock. While I dreaded (and procrastinated) frogging it, I am really glad that I did so. It looks much better than it did, plus I don't have the worry of "will it fit??" butting in on my knitting.

Almost forgot! Saw a weird thing yesterday at lunchtime. Now the important thing to remember is that, according to my car's thermometer, it was 99 degrees outside. As I pulled into the parking lot I passed a gardener using a leaf blower. The hood of his grey sweatshirt was pulled up over his head. The hood was the only part you could see; the rest was covered by his blue sweatshirt. That's right--99 degrees and he was wearing TWO sweatshirts. The only explanation I could think of was the leaf blower must put out a lot of heat, and that was the only way to keep his neck & back from getting burned.

Three-day weekend coming up, huzzah! Kinda snuck up on me. Not sure what I'm going to do; I told Big Sis I would go to a Cookie Lee party with her on Sunday, but I had forgotten it was the three-day weekend and Ralph & I had kinda talked about taking a trip for Memorial Day. On the other hand we don't have any set plans, and there are a couple fun things going on this weekend that we might go to on Saturday which leaves Sunday free for me to go to the party & then Monday to relax and maybe have a BBQ in the backyard. Guess I'll talk to Ralph when he gets home & see what he wants to do.



One of the groups I am in on Flickr has a fun new topic going on. Well, actually 26 of them, one for each letter of the alphabet, and you are supposed to post pictures of animals beginning with each letter. I posted betta, bison, duck, damselfly, egret, goldfish, owl and peacock. Had to force myself to stop so that others had a chance, too. Of course, that doesn't mean I won't go back tomorrow and post camel, hedgehog, heron and koi! OH! And I can download the pictures we took in Arizona of the zebu; and the emu, sheep, and alpaca we photographed in Virginia. I think we might have an ostrich photo somewhere, too, although those are probably somewhere on Ralph's computer so I'll have to sign on to his computer.

Anyway, it's about time to go fix dinner and I still haven't finished surfing all my usual websites. And I'm *supposed* to be vacuuming the living room. . . yeah, like that'll happen :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment