Sunday, May 4, 2008

Just a bit on the wedding



I'm sure Beth willl post a lot about the wedding, so I'll only put a little bit here. Everything was very nice, I thought. The arboretum is a lovely place, perfect for a wedding. The area where the guests sat was a big arbor covered with wisteria (not in bloom, but still looking fabulous with the green leaves everywhere). No glitches at all; didn't drop the ring, no histrionics, no rips to dresses. The attire was fairly casual; the groom & groomsmen wore simple short sleeved black button-up tops with black slacks, and the bridesmaids wore black strapless dresses suitable for a semi-casual party or going out to a nightclub--definitely something they can wear again.

The reception was held in the arboretum as well, merely yards away from where the ceremony was held. The food was simple yet tasty: deviled eggs, a cheese platter with crackers, and a veggie tray for "nibblies" and then pasta salad, fruit, a relish tray, and sandwich fixin's for the main nosh along with cold sodas and bottled waters. The wedding cake had a turquoise frosting with sort of a pearl powder to give it irridescense which I think I've misspelled, and the groom's cake was chocolate with a big starfish on top and anchors, sailboats, etc. around the edge. The Boy told my dad it was in honor of all the good times the two of them had had together on Dad's boat when The Boy was a kid, and gave Dad the first slice.

We decided that rather get them a big gift, we'd buy several of the little things on their wishlist. So, we got them silicon potholders & a terra cotta garlic baker (from us), a broom with a cheetah pattern on the handle (from the cats) and a wall-mount stainless steel paper towel holder (from the dogs). I know that doesn't sound like much, but the place where they were registered was a bit expensive & I think that the items combined made a pretty decent gift. AND they were all things on the registry list so I think they'll be appreciated.
I can't believe how few pictures we took! Not one photo of my Older Older Brother or my Younger Older Brother, only one kinda blurry photo of Big Sis & F, one shot of Dad & J, and a bunch of the wedding that didn't really come out. Ralph did get this good video though:

I'll end with the few family shots that we actually managed to take:

First dance for the bride & groom



From left to right: Dad, J, and BM (grandfather of the groom)



Parents of the groom: Big Sis & F



Ralph & me in our matching utilikilts.


Nieces ST (background) and KT being silly. Love the look on KT's face!

No comments:

Post a Comment