Friday, May 9, 2008

Fuh fuh fuh FRIDAAAAAAAY!!

Made it through the first week in Ontario, and it's already beginning to feel normal. The people there are really friendly which makes a heap-o-difference. Even the drive hasn't been bad, especially with CDs to listen to on the road. Plus today I located several places to have lunch, including a really good pizza place (don't even ask how many slices I had). Most of them are not within walking distance, which is a bit of a disappointment, but the pizza place is just one block from the office as is a Japanese restaurant and a Starbucks. This I can live with.

I also found a Krispy Kreme shop. I almost stopped & got donuts for the office, but was running a bit late and decided to save that for another day. I'm glad I didn't buy them, because someone else had the same idea and there were already two boxes of donuts in the kitchen! I knew I would be eating out for lunch so I used great willpower and didn't have any of them.

Weird thing happened this morning. I had several dreams last night that involved some sort of accident: a crashing blimp, a man getting buried in a caved-in hole, having a three-car fender bender. No one hurt in any of the dreams, nothing nightmarish about them. Anyway, I stopped to get gas on the way to work and I came *this close* to being in an accident. The gas station was very crowded (not surprising--they were 16 cents a gallon cheaper than the other nearby station) and I had to wait in a bit of a line. The car in front of me finished filling up and started to back up so he could get around the car in front of him. I looked in my rear view, saw nothing but grey skies, and started to back up to give him room. Suddenly there was a honking horn, I hit my brakes and looked around--and realized that those "grey skies" were actually a big SUV exactly the color of the overcast sky parked perpendicular to the rear of my car. Um, the overcast sky wasn't parked, the SUV was. Thank goodness I didn't hit it, and the driver was very understanding when I explained why I hadn't seen her--she even laughed a bit.

WARNING: SURVIVOR SPOILER--IF YOU TIVOED IT, DON'T READ THIS PARAGRAPH. Last night on Survivor, Erik did the stupidest thing possible. He won immunity, and GAVE IT AWAY. Yes. That is what he did. The girls all told him if he "saved" Natalie by giving her the necklace, then they would take it as a sign of "good faith" and vote off Parvati. When he asked why they couldn't vote for Parvati without him giving up immunity, Ceri said that she couldn't trust him, and "saving" Natalie would restore her faith in him. And apparently he bought it, because at Tribal Council he handed the necklace to her. And what really made it stupid was *at no time had anyone suggested voting off Natalie.* Why would he need to "save" her when as far as Erik knew, only Amanda and Parvati were in any danger of being voted off? When Erik went to cast his vote, James (in the jury) leaned over to Ozzy and said, "I just lost my reign as dumbest Survivor ever!"

OMG. There is a MOTH in here. A MOTH in the room with all my yarns and fibers. I've tried swatting it but I keep missing. . . and where there is one, there are bound to be more. . . death to moths!!!

Speaking of fibers, I need to take pictures of the fiber I bought in Arizona. And I need to finish spinning either the ivy green that is on the travel wheel or the emerald green that is on the traditional wheel so I can get started on the new shtuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment