Thursday, May 29, 2008

Light at the end of the tunnel

Making decent progress on The Brown Socks That Will Never Be Finished. Both gussets are done, and I did five rounds of the leg on one of them at lunch today. It's all K1P1 rib from here on out. The gusset/leg transition came out really well; I did the gusset all in k1P1 rib and continued in the pattern on the instep & back of the heel. I knew I couldn't decrease all the way back to the original number of stitches or it would be too tight, so I decreased until there were eight gusset stitches left on each side. Then, I started switching from the pattern to K1P1 rib two stitches on each needle, every other row until the whole thing was rib. The pictures are of the back of the heel, and the gusset. Pretty nice if I do say so myself.


Feeling much better today. Had actual hunger pangs this morning, although they were easily satisfied with crackers. Lars cooked bacon & eggs for his lunch, and while the thought of eating them was gross beyond words, they did smell good--especially the bacon. And I'm even going to cook dinner tonight (fish & corn); the past two nights I couldn't even bear the thought of cooking.



Almost done with my "Before Green Gables" audiobook; maybe 1-1/2 disks left. I'm enjoying it so much, I'll be sorry when it's over. Perhaps I'll listen to "Anne of Green Gables" afterwards just to keep the story going, even though it has only been a few months since the last time I listened to it.

Haven't had to chain Zoe up when we leave the past few days. I am glad for this; I really didn't like having her all tied up. Now that I don't have to hurry home to let her loose, I can go out to dinner some evening after work with Big Sis. Not sure when, but soon I should think.

Our nectarine tree is LOADED with fruit. You can actually smell the fruit when you walk by the tree, there is so much of it. Even though it's not quite ripe yet, the birds have already started to eat some of it. Not that I'm worried about that; there are far more nectarines than Ralph could possibly eat, and I'm not all that keen on nectarines (translation: don't like them at all, but will eat a couple just because they are from OUR tree).




No comments:

Post a Comment