Saturday, May 24, 2008

Penultimate Saturday of the month



Had a pretty good day today. We did go to the Scottish Festival, and we had a nice time there. We both bought new utilikilts. They didn't have a fitting room; you just put it on then "dropped trous" to make sure it fit correctly. You can see me to the left there, helping Ralph try his on. Those are the only things we bought, although we saw quite a few things we liked. Ralph in particular liked the swords, and almost bought a sporran to go with his kilt. I was interested in the hand-woven shawls and if I hadn't been so overly hot at the time we looked at them, I probably would have bought one.

There was also a rather amazing group of dancers/musicians. They did sort of a Scottish tap dance and played violins. At the same time. Yes. I couldn't get a really good shot as we were too far away, but here's one of the shots I did get. We also spent some time listening to a group of harpists & roaming around looking at the booths.
After we got home, I read, knit, and napped for a while (Ralph did two of those three as well) and then we headed out to the bookstore. Ralph ran an errand while I bookshopped. Only got one, but it's an omnibus of three books in one volume. The individual paperbacks were $7.99 each and this was only $14, plus I had a coupon for 25% off, thus getting the equivalent of $24 worth of books for only $11. I feel I got a real bargain :-) We then had dinner at the Fish Tale & now Ralph is reading while I update the blog.
Tomorrow is the Cookie Lee party. Big Sis, if you are reading this--I need to know when & where we are meeting.

1 comment: