Thursday, January 1, 2009

Fish hat, fish hat, roly-poly fish hat. . .



. . . fish hat, fish hat, first one is done! I really like how it came out; such a quick project, too. Less than a week from start to finish, and the Teeming Millions know just how little knitting time I actually have in a day. I would say this took maybe 10 hours total. Can't decide if I should work on my purple socks for a while now, or cast on the next fish hat, or maybe start a new pair of socks with that yummy "Gold Rush" I bought, or or or . . . .

Took a quick trip to the market today. One of the roomies asked me to pick up some soda that is on sale with a coupon; a two-day only deal that ends today. I was surprised at how little of the soda the store actually had in stock. I even asked a clerk if there were more cases in the back, as the coupon was for four cases & they only had two of the flavor the Roomie had asked for, and she said everything was on the shelves. They must have really underestimated the draw the coupon would bring. They also had hardly any checkers, and most of the baggers were doing go-backs so the aisles had carts all over the place. Very poorly planned; hopefully they will learn from this & do better next time they have a special deal.

Today seems to have gone by very quickly. I haven't really done much and here it is the middle of the afternoon already. It's a shame that days off go by so fast & days at work drag on forever. If only "they" would let me knit during office hours, and I don't mean just during breaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment