Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Insert clever title here

Making good progress on the second fish hat. This picture is already outdated--I've just done the penultimate set of decreases, and have about 2" to knit before starting the tail. Everyone that I have shown the hat and/or pattern wants one, although SOME of the people asking already know how to knit and should make their own.

Heard an interesting news story on the radio this morning. Apparently some six year old missed the bus & decided to drive himself to kindergarten. Got about 10 miles out before hitting I think they said a light pole or maybe it was a tree, don't recall exactly. What I do remember is when they asked him how he learned to drive, he replied it was from playing video games such as "Grand Theft Auto." Hel-LOOO! What kind of idiot parent allows a six year old to play "Grand Theft Auto"? In any case, the parents have been charged with neglect and something else--I was too busy ranting over GTA to hear properly at that point.

Speaking of not hearing properly, it took me a minute to realize that in another story the announcer had said it was "the only game in town," not "the only gay men town."

And I also saw a "holiday greeting fail." The Crazy Horse Saloon's electronic sign had "HAPPY NRW YEAR" on it this morning.

Couldn't decide on where to go for lunch today; thought about Del Taco since it's right next to the gas station & I had to fill the tank anyway, but ended up going to Wendy's instead. It turned out to be a fortuitous choice, as JV from the office came in while I was still in line & he bought me lunch (despite my protests) which was very nice of him.

Speaking of food, I joined Sis, her Ex, The Boy and The Girl for dinner last night at Buffalo Inn. They go most Tuesdays since there is a taco special that night. I was the only one not to get the tacos; I had a buffalo burger instead. It was very good, although a little pricey. Came with a big pile of chips that are cooked on the premises, yum!

Well, that's about it for my exciting life. Think I'll brainsuck a bit longer & then go knit.

No comments:

Post a Comment