Sunday, January 18, 2009

Seem to be in a rut



Boy, my Saturdays are starting to get predictable. Bought yarn, bought a book, knit (and of course working on yet another fish hat, using the yarns shown in today's picture. The intended recipient will only be about a year old at Christmas, thus the color choices). I did go to a local park & spun for a while there. I enjoyed that a lot--the weather was extremely nice (I love the fact that I can sit outside wearing shorts in mid-January), it was quiet out there, the grass felt good on my bare feet. I've got 7 ounces of wool/possum blend that I'm spinning and I think it's going to be a lovely yarn when it's done.

We also went out to the movies; we had free passes from when we went to see "Igor" & the film broke. Watched "The Day the Earth Stood Still." This version resembled the original the same way that guacamole resembles unicorns. If you try really hard you can find a few things in common but for the most part they are two completely different things. I did enjoy it, even though I think they would have been better off removing the rare common elements and just marketing it as a completely different film. It did have excellent effects, and it was nice seeing John Cleese in a non-comedic role for a change.

Afterwards we went to George's Greek Deli, where we found ourselves seated next to AH, a sales agent with whom I used to work. He was there celebrating his 70th birthday. Had a very nice chat with him before our food arrived. Got home late (late for me anyway) and headed straight to bed.

1 comment:

  1. Well, it's about time you updated. And your normal Saturday routine will be altered next week, at least!

    ReplyDelete