Thursday, January 15, 2009

Baa baa black sheep


Better day today than yesterday, thank goodness. Got the eyes sewn onto the third fish hat. While looking for some waste yarn, I found the black sheep tape measure that I misplaced months & months ago. I was really pleased about that as I've only ever seen the black ones for sale one time. I tried on the purple socks (which is why I needed the waste yarn--wanted to take it off the needles so I didn't snap one of them) and hooray it fits perfectly! Much more inspired to finish them now that I know I'll be able to get them over my heel; I really wasn't sure & it's hard to tell while they're still on the needles.

Weather has been really nice lately. Think I might take my wheel to work & spin up some of that wool/possum during my lunch break. It's been a wee bit breezy but not so bad that it will be an issue; at least I hope it won't be.

There was a major accident on the 210 yesterday. A semi overturned, spilling about 1,000 gallons of liquid asphalt across all lanes. The accident happened early in the morning, sometime around 5:45, and they didn't open any of the lanes until just after 5:00 pm. Yup, 11 hours before any of the lanes were reopened. Amazingly no one was hurt, and only the semi was involved in the accident. That's nothing short of a miracle if you ask me.

Ralph has a D & D game this weekend. Not sure what I'll do; maybe stick around, maybe escape to my usual yarn & book stores. We shall see.

And I shall sign off with the LOLcat I made this evening:

funny pictures
moar funny pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment