Sunday, January 18, 2009

Restful Sunday


Had a very quiet day today. Spent the vast majority of it knitting, as you can tell by the progress made on the Fin-bonacci Fish Hat. Yes, that's the one that I cast on just yesterday afternoon. I've done the lips (11 rows) and mouth (42 short rows) and have done 65 rows out of 100 for the body. I call it the "Fin-bonacci" hat because the stripes are a repeat of the first 6 digits of the Fibonacci series (1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8) starting with 8 & working down.


This morning was extremely relaxing. I slept in an hour later than normal (OK, so that means I got up at 6:00 am, but for me that's quite the lie-in!) then after knitting for a while Ralph & I sat in the jacuzzi. Then we took Hali to the little park area where I was spinning yesterday. Ralph alternated between reading, juggling, and playing with Hali. I alternated between spinning & playing with Hali. Hali alternated between playing, lying on the grass, and peeing on everything in sight. While we were there a man came by with a big Rottweiler. Fortunately the dog was friendly (in fact, the dog's name is "Friend") and he & Hali played together for about 10-15 minutes.




In between knitting, reading, and eating Chinese food for lunch, we finally got around to putting up the dead lawn-flamingos that The Boy and The Girl gave us for Christmas. I think they add just the right touch to our yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment