Thursday, January 22, 2009

The week is winding down

Here's a shot of the fiber I am currently spinning. It's a wool/possum blend, very fluffy, light and soft. There's a total of 7 ounces, and the roving is about the size of a basketball. I have several projects in mind for it: a Christmas robin that I found on Ravelry; a stuffed kiwi bird; and if there's enough left new gloves for Ralph. I know, I should make the gloves first, but I did start spinning it up with the other projects in mind.

Driving to work has been frustrating lately. There is a meter at the end of the interchange between the 105 & the 605 freeways. Normally this meter is not on, but the past three days it has been. Traffic backs up on the 105 like you would not believe when the meter is on. And before you think I am exaggerating--yesterday when I got on the 105, I was 15 minutes ahead of my normal schedule. By the time I reached the meter, I was three minutes behind. Fortunately the rest of the drive was clear & I was not actually late for work. However, I had planned on using those extra 15 minutes to knit or read or otherwise relax before starting the workday. Hope the meter is not on today.

Finished fish hat #4 & started on fish hat #5 yesterday, another Manos lips/Twizzle body. For this one I'm using a light purple Manos, and the Twizzle is a dark blue/purple blend. No photos of the yarn yet.

Saturday is almost here, and I am really looking forward to it as there are a few people coming over for a "knittering" day. CZ from work will be here, as will CR. Sis will be here of course, and has practically promised to bring butter tarts (and by "practically promised" I mean she said, "I don't have all the ingredients so don't count on it.") Not sure if Sis will be bringing any people with her--she said The Girl if she doesn't have to work, and Duh if she can get her head out of her butt (OK, those are my words not Sis's but it's what she meant I'm sure) and M from Sis's work. Oh, and I invited Neighbor K so we'll see if she can make it. Wish I had a more definite count so I know how much food I need. Well, I'm sure there will be plenty even if everyone shows up, since I got a "family size" veggie lasagna & plan on getting a big loaf of garlic bread to go with it.

1 comment: