Monday, January 26, 2009

What do you MEAN, last week of January already?

I cannot believe how quickly this month is flying by. Didn't we just have Christmas last week? Ah, well, since time flies when you're having fun, this just means that I am enjoying myself, right?

Today's pictures are from Ralph's camera. He downloaded his memory chip (finally--some of the shots are from Halloween, and I suspect even earlier) but didn't realize he was signed onto my account when he did it. I just picked a few at random since the thumbnails are a bit too small for me to really see what's there. However, by previewing my post I can see what they are. . . let's see. . . ah, some sort of duck. This must be from when he went to El Dorado Nature Center a couple weeks ago.


Actually, it looks like three of the four that I picked are bird shots from the Nature Center. I wish I could have gone with him that day, but alas I was working. That is one of the disadvantages of having work schedules that are not completely in sync. For example, he has a three-day weekend starting on Friday and I do not. I was hoping to get Friday off, which seemed plausible last week. However, it is getting less and less likely as the days pass & the closings slip closer & closer to month end. Oh, well. . .


The weekend after Ralph might have a D & D game. If he does, then we might have another knitting day, possibly at Sis's place. Boy, how's that for firm plans??

Feeling kinda bad that we didn't visit longer with Dad & J yesterday. Unfortunately we had to get laundry done & a few other chores, and had already allotted Sunday to those tasks before we got the lunch invite. Oh, well, what can one do?


And the only non-bird picture in the day's assortment: Sadie at the dog park. She tends to stick really close to us when we go there. Not sure why; she's a friendly enough dog & was never shy around Hali, Gonzo, or Zoe even before she became our dog. Maybe the sheer number of canines, or the overwhelming smells of the park, make her a little nervous. She does seem to enjoy herself there, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment