Saturday, January 10, 2009

A day in my so-called life



Had a good day today, although not exciting to anyone who actually has a life. Brought my spinning wheel to archery & spun some red corriedale which is now hanging to set the twist. Went to the yarn store & bought yarn for several more fish hats--at this rate, I might actually have them all done by Christmas. Then a quick coffee at Starbucks & a trip through the bookstore. I was tempted to buy a book on spinning creative yarns ("Intertwined" but I don't recall the author). The book was divided into three sections (fibers, spinning, and projects for using the finished yarns) but I already have several books on fibers & didn't like the projects. Couldn't justify spending $30 just for the spinning techniques. Maybe I'll get lucky and it will come out in paperback at some point. Ended up getting a new murder mystery--yup, that's right, just one book. To quote Lynn Johnston, "Going into a bookstore and buying one book is like going into a McDonald's and buying one french fry." Came back home, sorted the yarns into project bags, and cast on the next fish hat; this one will be mine. I'm using the yarns shown in this post; the solid color (Manos de Uruguay #300X) is for the lips, fins & tail and the variegated (Mountain Color Twizzle "Gold Rush") is for the body. For dinner we picked up BBQ at (where else?) Johnny Reb's. Headed to bed soon, I think. Hope I didn't bore the Teeming Millions too much with this post :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment